A woman cop from Madhya Pradesh proposed a criminal for marriage in order to catch him. The incident happened in Madhya Pradesh’s Chhatarpur. The criminal by the name of Balkishan Chaubey, a resident of Bijouri village of Mahoba district of UP, had a reward of Rs 10,000 on his head, having committed several crimes.
The list of crimes committed by Chaubey includes serious crimes like murder amongst 16 other crimes. Chaubey had killed a man from Nowgaon area of Madhya Pradesh in August.
In spite of trying several times, Madhya Pradesh police weren’t able to nab him. They finally came to know that Chaubey was looking for a prospective bride to get married. And looking at the circumstances, the police laid a trap to catch him.
Tilak Singh, superintendent of police in Chhatarpur said, “Police arranged a SIM card of New Delhi circle in the name of a woman labourer from Bundelkhand, who is presently living in New Delhi. The woman sub-inspector called Chaubey and said she mistakenly dialled his number. Chaubey asked her whereabouts and later he checked the credentials of the number. Chaubey called her back and they started talking to each other. After a week, the woman proposed marriage to him.”
The woman cop called Chaubey in a local temple for a Roka ceremony. Many police personnel dressed in civils reached the temple along with the woman inspector. When Chaubey finally reached the temple, he was caught by the police.
Chaubey was produced before the court and finally sent to jail.
SOURCE: HINDUSTAN TIMES
- From ED to TEDx- a walk-through of stories talking about Being One this Dec 2020!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive