Day 34 and Kabir Singh has already crossed Rs 270 crores. Its songs are on loop, viewers are giving full stars to the movie, fans are praising Kiara Advani and Shahid Kapoor for their marvellous acting, but, a question is haunting the minds. Will society accept the “female version” of Kabir Singh?
As evident in the movie, the character is dealing with anger management issues, alcohol and drug addiction, and domination. Looking at the reviews, viewers loved every bit the movie, right from the starting where Kabir Singh threatens a girl with a knife to the end where Preeti slaps her beau multiple times. Everybody is applauding the movie but nobody is seeing the toxicity, misogyny and violence it is portraying.
In our society, a woman is often considered as “Sanskari” aka poised, soft, and tender part of society, but, if a girl behaves in such manner – It is just not acceptable! Kabir Singh is this outrageous over-possessive over-controlling lover, who went to all extents to protect and retain his property a.k.a. Preeti. And when he begins to lose control over her, he goes bonkers and sets on a mission to destroy the world to regain his girl.
But, how comfortable would the situation be if you see a woman sabotaging her career, risking the life of her patients by conducting operations under the influence of drugs, threatening her housemaid, destroying furniture and piping down litres of alcohol after such a scenario as his? Clearly, the character would be criticised as “un-sanskaari”. What do you think? Will Kabir Singh still be ‘Applauded’ if it was a female character?
Share your views with us in the comment section!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai