According to Union Health ministry’s latest update, coronavirus cases in India jumped by 8,392 in the past 24 hours to touch 1,90,535.
At 8 am, the number of the dead was 5,394, while 91,819 people have been cured/discharged.
Maharashtra, the worst-hit state, has recorded 67,655 cases so far (2,286 deaths).
As per the current trends, India has now overtaken Germany in total cases to become the eighth hardest-hit nation, and will soon pass France to become the seventh.
Deaths, too, in India have been rapidly rising of late. But on the bright side, the mortality rate here (2.9%) is still way below other worst-affected countries.
- Almost third of COVID-19 samples show mutation, but not more severe disease: WHO
- Pakistani foreign minister tests positive for Covid-19
- AP industrial policy to focus on helping weaker sections socio-economically
- Shun over-dependence on imports, certain geographies, deliver affordable products: Piyush Goyal tells industry
- Humane Society International, People for Animals welcome Nagaland dog meat ban
- Irdai examining feasibility of insurers offering surety bonds for road contracts
- India undertakes biggest repatriation exercise globally; half-a-million return home
- June exports data to reflect faster recovery: Piyush Goyal
- Messages claiming Iran nuclear site fire deepen mystery
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Khandu says Indian Army will raise three porter companies in the state
- Tamil Nadu Covid-19 tally crosses 1 lakh mark
- Not in favour of withdrawing case against Italian marines from SC: Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan
- Earthquake of magnitude 4.7 hits Alwar in Rajasthan; tremors felt in north India, Delhi-NCR
- Govt’s locust operation covers 1.33 lakh hectares in North, West India
- Fantasy sports firms expect strong comeback as live sports resumes in empty stadiums
English16 hours ago
Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 3, what’s in store for Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo and other zodiac signs
English23 hours ago
Uncertainty sees companies suspending guidance
English14 hours ago
Eight UP police personnel killed in encounter with criminals in Kanpur
English8 hours ago
‘Not the era for expansionism’: PM Modi’s harsh message to China from Ladakh
English24 hours ago
Congress, NCP upset with Uddhav Thackeray for reimposing lockdown
English10 hours ago
PM Modi on Ladakh front with strong message to protect border from China’s PLA
English15 hours ago
Asadha Purnima: India to go big on Buddha’s first sermon
English23 hours ago
Indian traders on Alibaba seeing more discounts