State Vigilance Bureau, nabbed an ASI Gurjeet Singh posted at Police Station P.A.U, Ludhiana red handed while accepting bribe of Rs 28,000.
Disclosing this here an official spokesperson of the Vigilance Bureau Punjab said accused Assistant Sub-Inspector was nabbed red handed on the complaint of Shamsher Singh of village Raipur Majri, Fatehgarh Sahib district. The complainant has approached the VB and alleged that the accused police official was demanding bribe Rs. 70,000 for registering a police case against those who have beaten his daughter and the deal was struck at Rs. 58,000. The complainant had already paid Rs. 30,000 as a first installment to the ASI Shamsher Singh.
After verifying his information, the vigilance team laid a trap and the accused ASI was arrested on the spot while taking bribe of Rs. 28,000 of second installment from the complainant in the presence of two official witnesses. He informed that a case under section of prevention of corruption act has been registered against him at VB police station, Ludhiana and further investigation is under progress.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai