Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said he will not attend his father’s last rites on Tuesday to ensure the enforcement of coronavirus lockdown, news agency ANI reported. CM Adityanath’s father, Anand Singh Bisht, passed away at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Delhi on Monday morning.
The chief minister urged that there should be a minimal presence of people during his father’s funeral in view of the ongoing coronavirus lockdown.
“Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s father left for his heavenly abode at 10.44 am. Our deepest condolences,” State Additional Chief Secretary (Home) Awanish K Awasthi said.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath says he will not take part in the last rites of his father tomorrow, to ensure enforcement of lockdown and to defeat coronavirus pandemic in the state.
Bisht was 89 and retired as a forest ranger in the year 1991. He was undergoing treatment at AIIMS Delhi and died of multi-organ failure, a doctor said on Monday. Bisht, admitted the hospital since March 13, was on ventilator support in the intensive care unit (ICU).
“He had multiple issues; his kidneys and liver were not working optimally; he was on dialysis and other life-saving measures and was being treated by a multi-disciplinary team of specialists…,” said a senior doctor at the hospital, requesting anonymity.
He had liver and kidney-related issues, and was admitted to the hospital with an acute liver infection, doctors said. He also suffered from critically low blood pressure, extreme dehydration and severe infection.
My heartfelt condolences at the passing away of Anand Singh Bisht ji, father of UP CM Yogi Adityanath ji. May his soul rest in peace.
May God give Yogi ji and his family members strength to bear the loss.
— Ashok Gehlot (@ashokgehlot51) April 20, 2020
Scores of political leaders and diplomats condoled Bisht’s death including Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel, Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh, Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra and former Madhya Pradesh chief minister Kamal Nath.
“My heartfelt condolences at the passing away of Anand Singh Bisht ji, father of UP CM Yogi Adityanath ji. May his soul rest in peace. May God give Yogi ji and his family members strength to bear the loss,” Kamal Nath tweeted.
- WHO team to visit China next week to investigate origins of coronavirus
- 13 pvt labs in Telangana under govt scanner for reporting abnormal Covid-19+ cases
- Delhi BJP reorganisation process begins; 35 teams formed to shortlist names
- ‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
- Nagaland government rejects governor’s proposal on transfer and posting of officials
- Venkaiah Naidu pays tribute to BJP patriarch LK Advani on Guru Purnima
- Strategic affairs experts hail Modi’s visit to Ladakh; say his message to China ‘clear’
- ICMR defends fast tracking Covaxin amid allegations of chasing glory with Independence Day launch
- Working from home? Here are some tips to keep the lockdown pounds off
- Two-time Olympic champion Lin Dan retires from international badminton
- Asked about missing face mask, BJP leader and son thrash UP cops; arrested
- Docetaxel: Chemotherapy drug likely to be less effective in overweight, obese women with breast cancer
- UK FM Rishi Sunak urges British public to help restart economy on ‘Super Saturday’
- ‘Roti-Beti’ tie with India under threat by Nepal’s citizenship amendment bill
- No food, amenities or tourists: Havana stirs to life amid scarcity post lockdown
English12 hours ago
Wife found dead after husband dies in Covid-19 isolation ward in Odisha’s Jagatsinghpur
English13 hours ago
Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 4, what’s in store for Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo and other zodiac signs
English11 hours ago
Faces of terror: Why India banned 9 Khalistan-linked terrorists in 5 countries
English21 hours ago
Pakistani foreign minister tests positive for Covid-19
English19 hours ago
Hong Kongers scrub social media history in face of security law
English22 hours ago
June exports data to reflect faster recovery: Piyush Goyal
English9 hours ago
Sukhoi vs Sukhoi: India vs China
English23 hours ago
Earthquake of magnitude 4.7 hits Alwar in Rajasthan; tremors felt in north India, Delhi-NCR