Two women, including principal of a private school, were arrested by the Mudian police for spreading rumours through a fake WhatsApp post. 15 others have also been booked by the police who endorsed similar fake information.
Those who have been booked were identified as Kanchan Kumari, 20 resident of New Sundar Nagar at Mundiya Kalan, Pushpa who is principal belonging to Sundar Nagar, Bunty, Rajnikant and 13 other unidentified persons. Kanchan and Pushpa, however, have been arrested.
On the complaint of Mohammad Hussain of New Ram Nagar Mundian, the accused have been booked. According to the complainant, the accused forwarded the information on WhatsApp group that 25 Muslim men infected with coronavirus are barging into the houses in Pritam Vihar and shaking hands with people forcibly.
They have also mentioned that announcement on the same has also been made from a gurdwara loudspeaker, urging people to carry sticks with themselves in self-defence.
Harbhajan Singh, Assistant sub-Inspector in-charge of police post Mundian, said that a case under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) has been registered against the accused. It has been found by the police that some residents of New Sundar Nagar and New Ram Nagar areas are spreading the fake news. The police will arrest other accused soon.
- Under Atma Nirbhar Scheme, free ration to be provided to non smart card scheme beneficiaries
- Agriculture & farmers welfare department Director visits Ludhiana
- India’s farmers told to scare locusts away by beating drums
- Punjab raises fine for spitting, not wearing masks in public to Rs 500
- Punjab Vigilance bureau gives farewell to eight officers on superannuation
- Punjab School Education Board declares class V, VIII and Matriculation results
- Need to scale down domestic flights to contain COVID-19: Health Minister
- Huge opportunity from companies looking to shift from China in COVID aftermath, Capt Amarinder tells Punjab Industry
- State governments issuing job cards to migrants at quarantine camps
- PSPCL relaxes norms for refund of security
- Head constable of RPF succumbs to Covid-19
- TikTok owner ByteDance moves to shift power out of China: Report
- Wards go without water amid scorching heat
- Liquor vend worker beaten to death near Doraha, 4 booked
- Here’s why high-strain exercise may lead to early pregnancy loss in some women