A two-day-old baby has died due to Covid-19 in Tripura, becoming the state’s youngest coronavirus fatality, a Health Department official said on Sunday.
The baby was born on Thursday at the Agartala Government Medical College (AGMC) and her swab sample was collected as her mother was a coronavirus patient.
“The two-day-old girl tested positive for coronavirus and succumbed to the disease at the hospital on Saturday,” the official said.
A 62-year-old man also died of the disease on Saturday while undergoing treatment at the hospital, he said.
The patient was admitted to the AGMC on July 31 after he suffered a heart attack.
With these new fatalities, the toll has risen to 23 in the state, he said.
Meanwhile, 253 fresh coronavirus cases pushed the state’s tally to 5,251, the official said.
The maximum of 101 new cases were found in West Tripura district, followed by 39 in Khowai, 38 in Gomati, 32 in North Tripura, 19 in Sepahijala, 11 in Dhalai, 10 in South Tripura and 3 in Unakoti.
According to the official, returnees from other states have contributed to the spurt in the coronavirus cases in Tripura.
The number of active cases in the state now stands at 1,747, while 3,463 people have been cured of the disease.
Eighteen patients have migrated to other states.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai