Tripura recorded another coronavirus disease (Covid-19)-related death on Wednesday late evening, four days after a senior citizen had succumbed to the viral infection, as the toll rose to four in the north-eastern border state, including an infected woman patient, who had died by suicide in early June.
This is the second Covid-19 related death in July.
A person (38), who was suffering from an acute difficulty in breathing, was admitted to Agartala’s Gobind Ballav Pant (GBP) Hospital on Tuesday and later he tested Covid-19 positive.
He died at the Covid-19 ward in the hospital on Wednesday late evening, a state health official said.
Earlier on July 11, a senior citizen (72) had died of Covid-19 at GBP Hospital.
In early June, a man (48) had died three days after he was found to have contracted SARS-CoV-2, which causes the disease.
A Covid-19 positive woman patient had died by suicide at GBP Hospital on June 2.
Tripura has reported 2,283 Covid-19 positive cases to date, of whom 1,602 patients have recovered from their viral infection.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai