It is getting hot outside, but that doesn’t mean you have to deprive yourself of dessert!
You can prepare some of these simple dessert recipes over the weekend, stick them in the fridge, and enjoy them throughout the week. There is no delicious way to keep cool than indulging in summer desserts.
Here’s presenting our 5 best summer dessert recipes to keep your spirits high. And no, you needn’t sweat it out in the kitchen to make them:
These recipes require only a handful of ingredients and the magic of the refrigerator to bring them all together. As simple as that! Pick seasonal mangoes, watermelon, lychee, jamun and lemons.
1. Mango Shrikhand
we always have shrikhand with pooris. even plain, the mango shrikhand tastes so good.for making any shrikhand, always use fresh yogurt. Homemade yogurt is the best.
INGREDIENTS for Mango Shrikhand
(1 CUP = 250 ML)
3 to 3.5 cup curd (yogurt or dahi) or curd made from half a litre of milk
2 mangoes, chopped (aam)
4-5 green cardamom, crushed (hari elaichi or choti elaichi)
1 pinch saffron strands (kesar)
½ cup sugar or as required
HOW TO MAKE MANGO SHRIKHAND
Hung the curd in a muslin or kitchen napkin for 3-4 hours.
puree the mangoes.
add the thick hung curd to the blender along with crushed cardamom, saffron and sugar.
blend till smooth
pour mango shrikhand in individual serving bowls.
Chill and serve the amrakhand with some pooris or just have it plain!
2. Watermelon Lychee Granita
Relish the refreshing flavour of watermelon and lychee swirling in this icy cool granita – perfect to beat that scorching summer heat.
INGREDIENTS Of Watermelon Lychee Granita
1/2 cup cubed watermelon
1/2 cup sugar
10 mint leaves
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp grated ginger
HOW TO MAKE WATERMELON LYCHEE GRANITA
Pit lychees and discard the seeds.
In a blender, put mint leaves, ginger and sugar. Pulse once to release flavours.
Now add 1/2 cup of cubed watermelon, lemon juice and lychee.
Blend to a smooth puree and transfer to a bowl.
Blend the remaining watermelon to a smooth puree and combine this with the previous mixture, mix well.
Pour this mixture into a sturdy freezer-safe container. Freeze till set.
Once frozen, use a fork and start raking the mixture from the sides first. Proceed to the center eventually.
Put it back in the freezer once the entire mass is raked up.
After 2 hours, remove and repeat the raking process. Freeze until ready to serve.
Garnish with a few mint leaves.
Sip and Enjoy!
3. Jamun Mint Popsicles
Summer fruit to create pretty purple-hued popsicles to impress your friends. Ridiculously easy to make, you can sprinkle some black salt or chaat masala too for a Desi twist.
INGREDIENTS of Jamun Mint Popsicles
500 gm jamuns, deseeded
A few sprigs of mint
1 lime, juiced
2 tsp sugar (optional)
HOW TO MAKE JAMUN MINT POPSICLES.
Blend the jamuns in a mixer along with lime juice, sugar and mint leaves. Strain into the popsicle moulds, place the stick and keep them in the freezer for 3 hours.
Demould and enjoy!
4. Lemon sorbet
Enjoy this grainy lemon sorbet recipe on a hot summer evening.
INGREDIENTS Of Lemon Sorbet
4 large lemons or 8 small lemons
Half a cinnamon stick or some leaves of mint
2 egg whites
The rind of one lemon
A pinch of salt
HOW TO MAKE LEMON SORBET.
Grate the rind of one lemon and squeeze the juice out of all of them.
Heat up 500ml of water with the cinnamon stick and the sugar, and once it starts to boil, let it simmer for 10 minutes. Let it cool.
Once cool, put in a bowl and add the lemon juice and the grated rind. Stir well and put the bowl in the freezer.
When the mixture is starting to freeze, beat the egg whites until they are stiff, adding the pinch of salt.
Take the bowl out and mix the eggs into the freezing mixture.
Put the bowl into the freezer until it is cold and hard.
Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving.
5. Gulab Ki Thandi Kheer
When the delightfully royal flavour of Rose and condensed milk, Pure Ghee marries the most loved, most popular of traditional Indian desserts – we get an incomparable, irresistible recipe that transports you to another dimension altogether.
INGREDIENTS for Gulab Ki Thandi Kheer
1-1/2 cups-Country Rose Petals Shredded
1/3 cup (50 g)-MILKMAID Pure Ghee
2 tbsp-Rose Water
500 g-Paneer Grated and mashed
2 cups (300 ml)-Milk
1 tin (400g)- Sweetened Condensed Milk
HOW TO MAKE GULAB KI THANDI KHEER.
In a karahi, mix together the NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk, milk, paneer and ghee. Bring to a boil.
Simmer for 5 minutes, remove from stove and cool to room temperature. Add the rose water and shredded rose petals and mix well.
Place in refrigerator. Serve chilled.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai