After the doubt that even animals can fall prey to Coronavirus post a tiger in New York found positive, Tiger Safari has started taking precautionary measures. The safari officials have quarantined tiger Inchara and tigress Chirag for a few days and are sanitizing their respective cages.
Divisional Forest Officer (Wildlife) Khushwinder Singh Gill said that guidelines have been sent from the Central Zoo Authority in New Delhi. In this, it has been asked to maintain the cleanliness of the living space of tigers and birds, and the entry of outsiders is restricted until the situation normalises. Accordingly, arrangements have been made at Tiger Safari.
Measures being taken
– The pots in which food is given to the tiger are sanitized twice a day.
– Tiger cages are also being sanitized in the morning and evening.
– The tigers are given fresh and quality chicken and mutton.
– Special arrangements are being made for cleaning other birds and animals cages at Tiger Safari.
- Under Atma Nirbhar Scheme, free ration to be provided to non smart card scheme beneficiaries
- Agriculture & farmers welfare department Director visits Ludhiana
- India’s farmers told to scare locusts away by beating drums
- Punjab raises fine for spitting, not wearing masks in public to Rs 500
- Punjab Vigilance bureau gives farewell to eight officers on superannuation
- Punjab School Education Board declares class V, VIII and Matriculation results
- Need to scale down domestic flights to contain COVID-19: Health Minister
- Huge opportunity from companies looking to shift from China in COVID aftermath, Capt Amarinder tells Punjab Industry
- State governments issuing job cards to migrants at quarantine camps
- PSPCL relaxes norms for refund of security
- Head constable of RPF succumbs to Covid-19
- TikTok owner ByteDance moves to shift power out of China: Report
- Wards go without water amid scorching heat
- Liquor vend worker beaten to death near Doraha, 4 booked
- Here’s why high-strain exercise may lead to early pregnancy loss in some women