India had on Thursday issued an order imposing restrictions on procurement from China, amid heightened tensions at the border.
The order had stated that if the qualified bidders came from any countries that shared a land border with India, then the tender would have to be scrapped and started from scratch.
As per the Thursday order from the department of expenditure, bids from countries sharing a land border with India would only be eligible if the bidder was registered with the “Competent Authority”.
The competent authority in this case being the Registration Committee, constituted by the department for promotion of industry and internal trade (DPIIT). Further, political and security clearance from the ministries of external and home affairs will be mandatory, the order said.
The revised General Financial Rules would be applicable to all public sector banks and financial institutions, autonomous bodies, Central Public Sector Enterprises and public private partnership projects receiving financial support from the government or its undertakings.
A relaxation has been provided in certain limited cases, including for procurement of medical supplies for containment of the pandemic till December 31, 2020.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai