Though the governor summoned the chief secretary and health secretary on Monday to discuss on Covid-19 situation prevailing across the state, both the bureaucrats expressed their inability citing prior engagements. The two bureaucrats reportedly met the governor late on Tuesday.
Addressing the representatives of 11 leading private hospitals in Telangana through a virtual conference, the governor appealed to them to address the growing concerns and grievances of the Coronavirus patients pertaining to exorbitant charges and unavailability of ICU beds, among others.
The governor has, after more than an hour of interaction with the private hospitals, asked them to form a committee to suggest a concrete plan to improve the healthcare infrastructure and protocols in Telangana to effectively handle the Covid-19 pandemic. She has appealed to them to strengthen the infrastructure with increased oxygen beds and ventilators to address the possible rise in Covid-19 positive cases.
Tamilisai Soundararajan, who is also a medical doctor, asked the private hospitals to suggest measures towards comprehensive information on beds availability, counselling the patients on treatment charges before admission, subsidising the antiviral medicines, insurance cover, among others.
The meeting of the governor with the private hospitals comes days after she aired discontent over the management of Covid-19 pandemic by the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) government headed by chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao. Her meeting assumes significance amid the TRS government’s standoff with the private hospitals and ordering closure of over a dozen private labs into Covid-19 tests.
Days after the Centre raised red flags over ‘high positivity-low tests’ scenario in Telangana and censures by the Hyderabad High Court on low tests, the TRS government held the private labs responsible for the high positivity rate. The Rao government accused the private labs of contaminating the samples and for the disparity in numbers, and found problems with the testing protocols, human resources, infrastructure, and infection control measures at some private labs.
if(geolocation && geolocation != 5 && (typeof skip == 'undefined' || typeof skip.fbevents == 'undefined')) !function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s) if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function()n.callMethod? n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments); if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version='2.0'; n.queue=;t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e); s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)(window, document,'script', 'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js'); fbq('init', '338698809636220'); fbq('track', 'PageView');
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai
English22 hours ago
Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
English23 hours ago
Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
Coronavirus3 hours ago
Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
English24 hours ago
Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
English23 hours ago
Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94