The state suffered 12 Covid deaths afresh to take the total death toll to 563 so far, translating into a case fatality rate of 0.81% as against the national average of 2.11%. Of the deceased, 46.13% died of Covid and 53.87% due to comorbidities.
Telangana announced 1,066 recoveries over the past 24 hours to take the total recoveries to 49,675 persons, constituting a recovery rate of 72% as against the national average of 65.77%.
By Monday night, the state saw 18,708 active cases, which include 11,935 persons in either home or institutional isolation where about 84% were asymptomatic.
Over the past 24 hours, Telangana tested 13,787 samples to take the total to 5,01,025 tests to date. The state said 919 reports are still awaited.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai