The National Association of Street Vendors of India has sought from the Central Government to release grant for the welfare of needy vendors instead of offering loans.
Secretary of the association Tiger Singh said, “The meeting of association members was held through video conference yesterday. In the conference, the national president and senior leaders have sought from the central government to release grant for the welfare of needy vendors.”
“Amid coronavirus crisis, vendors have been badly affected due to lockdown. When the government is giving relief package for big corporates and industrial units, why can’t the government release a relief package for the street vendors?” said Tiger Singh.
“There are many vendors, who have not been able to start their work till date. As the vendors have been facing a tough time amid coronavirus pandemic, we want the government to release a package for the welfare of the needy,” he said. Meanwhile, the vendors have demanded from the government to setup vending zones for them at the earliest.
- From ED to TEDx- a walk-through of stories talking about Being One this Dec 2020!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive