Punjab Forests, Printing and Stationary, Department of Social Justice, Empowerment and Minorities Minister Mr Sadhu Singh Dharamsot today said that Satguru Ram Singh Ji, the founder of Namdhari Sect, had contributed for the freedom of the country and his life and philosophy also played an important role in bringing reforms in the society.
This was stated by Mr Dharamsot while addressing a gathering in a state-level function at Bhaini Sahib held on the 204th Parkash Purb of Satguru Ram Singh Ji today. On this occasion, Department of Posts, Govt. of India also released two special covers to commemorate 550th Birth Anniversary of Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji and 200th birth anniversary of Satguru Hari Singh Ji.
While addressing the gathering, Mr Dharamsot said that Satguru Ram Singh Ji had used non-cooperation as the political weapon against the British Rule successfully. He told that non-cooperation movement started by Satguru Ram Singh Ji was also adopted by other eminent freedom fighters like Mahatma Gandhi. He also announced a grant of Rs 21 lakh for the chair established in memory of Satguru Ram Singh Ji at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar. He also announced that he would take up the matter regarding starting an award in memory of Satguru Ram Singh Ji with the Chief Minister.
The cabinet minister told that the sacrifices made by Kuka martyrs under the leadership of Satguru Ram Singh Ji would continue to inspire the people and would help the masses to contribute for the society’s development. He further told that a real tribute to Satguru Ram Singh Ji would be to follow the path shown by him and appealed the people to emulate his basic ideology to bring transformation in the society.
He informed the gathering that Capt Amarinder Singh personally wanted to come here to pay his respects to Satguru Ram Singh Ji but he could not attend the function due to some compelling circumstances. He claimed that Captain Amarinder, however, assured that State Government would make all our efforts to fulfil the demands.
Prominent among those present on the occasion included former Deputy Speaker Lok Sabha Mr Charanjit Singh Atwal, MLAs Mr Navtej Singh Cheema and Mr Sharanjit Singh Dhillon, former cabinet minister and District Planning Board chairman Mr Malkit Singh Dakha, Chairman Mr KK Bawa, Mr HS Hanspal, SDM Mr Amarjit Singh Bains, Senior Congress leader Mrs Satwinder Kaur Bitti, Mr Vinay Kumar Tiwari from Department of Posts, Mr Amanpreet Singh, Mr Jagminder Singh Bedi, Block Samiti Chairman Mr Balbir Singh Budhewal, Namdhari Surinder Singh, Mr Sukhwinder Singh Sukhi Jhajj, besides several others.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai