Dhawan, who recently quit as CEO of English news channels at Network18, will be responsible for leading all the existing business verticals of TCM – sports consultancy, domestic league rights, in-stadia rights, athlete representation, sponsorship management, and event operations.
Additionally, he will be developing and implementing sports content strategies and drive new business lines for TCM across domestic and international markets.
“As a company with expertise in providing holistic solutions to sports marketing and management, Basant’s deep knowledge as a leader in running broadcast business ,creating and managing Sports IPs with rich experience across functions will help us to further scale up and diversify our businesses,” said Lokesh Sharma, MD, TCM.
The sports marketing firm holds exclusive ground rights across various cricket stadia in India and globally. Outside India, TCM holds the exclusive naming, sponsorship and in-stadia rights across New Zealand Cricket, Cricket West Indies, and Asia Cup tournaments (Asian Cricket Council). TCM also has on-ground partnerships with cricket boards of South Africa, Bangladesh, England and Australia.
“I am excited to be back in the sports industry,” said Dhawan, who served at Star Sports as SVP and head of Emerging Sports prior to his stint at Network18. “I look forward to contributing towards TCM’s vision of establishing itself as a leader in the sports marketing and management in India and internationally.”
TCM has been in the sports business for close to three decades. It has been working with right holders and brands to leverage sports for driving business and marketing needs.
Dhawan, an alumnus of IIM Calcutta, comes with over two decades of experience with leadership roles across Media & Entertainment, Telecom, and Auto.
At Star Sports, he was part of the team that delivered the new domestic leagues including Pro Kabaddi, Indian Super League and Premier Badminton league.
Prior to that, he was with Vodafone India, where he managed its brand sponsorship of the IPL and created activation IPs like Vodafone Superfan and the Zoo Zoos IPL campaigns. He headed the Media function as General Manager.
if(geolocation && geolocation != 5 && (typeof skip == 'undefined' || typeof skip.fbevents == 'undefined')) !function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s) if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function()n.callMethod? n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments); if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version='2.0'; n.queue=;t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e); s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)(window, document,'script', 'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js'); fbq('init', '338698809636220'); fbq('track', 'PageView');
- June exports data to reflect faster recovery: Piyush Goyal
- Messages claiming Iran nuclear site fire deepen mystery
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Khandu says Indian Army will raise three porter companies in the state
- Tamil Nadu Covid-19 tally crosses 1 lakh mark
- Not in favour of withdrawing case against Italian marines from SC: Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan
- Earthquake of magnitude 4.7 hits Alwar in Rajasthan; tremors felt in north India, Delhi-NCR
- Govt’s locust operation covers 1.33 lakh hectares in North, West India
- Fantasy sports firms expect strong comeback as live sports resumes in empty stadiums
- Germany is first major economy to phase out coal and nuclear
- Sonia Gandhi writes to PM seeking extension of OBC reservation in all-India quota of medical seats
- Sonia writes to PM on denial of reservation to OBCs in state medical colleges
- Earthquake measuring 4.7 on Richter scale hits Delhi-NCR
- UP Congress leaders want Priyanka Gandhi to shift base to Lucknow
- Train hits bus carrying Sikh pilgrims in Pakistan: 20 dead
- PM Modi meets soldiers injured in Galwan Valley clash, says they make 130 cr Indians proud
English14 hours ago
Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 3, what’s in store for Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo and other zodiac signs
English21 hours ago
Uncertainty sees companies suspending guidance
English13 hours ago
Eight UP police personnel killed in encounter with criminals in Kanpur
English7 hours ago
‘Not the era for expansionism’: PM Modi’s harsh message to China from Ladakh
English23 hours ago
Congress, NCP upset with Uddhav Thackeray for reimposing lockdown
English24 hours ago
Amit Shah meets CMs of UP, Haryana, Delhi; discusses COVID-19 situation
English9 hours ago
PM Modi on Ladakh front with strong message to protect border from China’s PLA
English23 hours ago
TikTok not going to legally challenge the ban order