The Janta Nagar Small Scale Manufacturers’ Association has stated that while the administration had given permission to other industries to start operations, the industry located in the mixed land use areas are not being permitted to open units.
Jaswinder Singh Thukral, president of the association, said this industry was operating from houses where father-son work, brothers work together and not much labour was coming from outside.
“We have to go from one room to another to start manufacturing the products we make, but we are denied the permission by the administration. We will be more cautious while doing our work as this is to be done by us (in most of the cases). If they will not permit us, we will be on roads. Why we are not being permitted to start with our manufacturing?” rued Thukral, demanding that there are over 5,000 such industries which are small/micro in the mixed land use areas and they should also be allowed to start with their operations.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai