Betel leaves made of silver will be among the things which will be used in the groundbreaking ceremony for the Ram temple in Uttar Pradesh’s Ayodhya on August 5.
Five betel leaves (paan) made of silver have been sent to Ayodhya by the members of the Chaurasiya community from Varanasi. Betel leaves are considered auspicious and are included in many pujas in Hinduism.
Nageshwar Chaurasia, president of Kashi Chaurasia Community, presented these betel leaves (paans) to members of the Vidwat Parishad, an organisation of intellectuals and scholars of Veda, Astrology, Paninian and Saskrit Grammar.
These scholars left for Ayodhya today from Varanasi.
Three noted scholars of Astrology and Vyakaran (grammar) will supervise the rituals of ‘Bhumi pujan’, the foundation stone-laying ceremony of Ram temple.
The silver paan leaves have been donated by the Chaurasia community from Varanasi.
The temple will be made from stones, without any iron and steel, the temple construction workshop’s supervisor had said last week.
Anu Bhai Sompura, the temple’s construction workshop supervisor, said, “I am working here for 30 years. The stones are here, other stones will come from Rajasthan. Plain stones will come and the cutting will be done here. We have two machines here that cuts stone.”
“No iron will be used, wood, copper and white cement will be used,” he said.
Mahant Raju Das, from Hanuman Garhi Mandir, had said, “Trust has decided the temple will be made of stones as the stones are long-lasting. Hanuman Garhi mandir is also made of stone which was built in 1164 AD. Gold, silver and copper which people will give would be put in the temple’s ‘neev’ (foundation).”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to lay the foundation stone of the Ram temple in Ayodhya on August 5, according to Mahant Nritya Gopal Das, the president of the temple trust.
The construction will begin after the ceremony in which chief ministers of several states, ministers from the Union Cabinet and RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, among others are also likely to participate.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai