The Health Department has roped in social and educational organisations to launch a coordinated movement to raise awareness on ill-effects of tobacco use.
The drive was inaugurated today on the occasion of World No Tobacco Day. Organisers said seminars and painting competitions would be held later when educational institutes reopen after the lockdown.
Pardeep Sood, pharmacy officer, Community Health Centre, Ahmedgarh, said officials, led by SMO Dr Pratibha Sahu Verma, had roped in office-bearers and activists of various organisations for undertaking a coordinated movement to save youth from clutches of industry manipulation and preventing them from using tobacco.
“We have already prepared a draft plan to ensure that this year’s theme of World No Tobacco Day is implemented in letter and spirit,” said Pardeep Sood.
Dr Pratibh Sahu Verma urged office-bearers and activists to join hands with the authorities in minimising the hazardous effects of tobacco. “Though the administration has tried to spread awareness about ill-effects of tobacco earlier too, a majority of consumers and passive smokers had failed to realise its consequence,” said Dr Verma.
- BSF alerts units along Bangladesh border against spurt in human trafficking during COVID-19
- Goa port town councillor dies of Covid-19
- Japan floods leave up to 34 dead, many at nursing homes
- BSF alerts units along Bangladesh border against spurt in human trafficking during Covid-19
- COVID-19 War Room to come up in national capital to keep eye on city’s fight against virus
- Covid-19: 1,000 bed hospital in Delhi built in record 12 days, says Amit Shah
- Odisha: GST collection in June at 2,693.75 cr, Q1 mop up dips 35% due to lockdown
- PM’s Ladakh visit raised morale of armed forces at the border, says ITBP DG
- Kanpur effect: Crackdown begins on mafia in Noida, properties, cars worth crores attached
- Karnataka to build Rs 200 crore pilgrim complexes at Tirumala
- The pandemic’s big mystery: How deadly is the coronavirus?
- Kanpur firing accused Vikas Dubey knew about raid, aide tell cops after arrest
- PM Narendra Modi meets President to discuss various issues: Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Woman PSI in Gujarat arrested for taking Rs 20 lakh bribe
- Amit Shah, Rajnath Singh visit newly-created 1,000-bed COVID-19 hospital
English21 hours ago
‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
English9 hours ago
Lunar eclipse 2020: Time, duration and visibility from India
English23 hours ago
‘Roti-Beti’ tie with India under threat by Nepal’s citizenship amendment bill
English24 hours ago
Runway revolution: Is this the end of fashion as we know it?
English22 hours ago
ICMR defends fast tracking Covaxin amid allegations of chasing glory with Independence Day launch
English18 hours ago
Navy to seek ban on unauthorised sale of armed forces uniform
English17 hours ago
Centre approves Rs 574 crore annual plan for NH works in J-K
English22 hours ago
Strategic affairs experts hail Modi’s visit to Ladakh; say his message to China ‘clear’