A grocery shopkeeper was killed by thieves with sharp weapons near Islamia School in Mohalla Milakh, Ward 14, Malerkotla. He has been identified as Mohammad Bashir (65) he had his arms and legs tied on his cot. After the incident, the contents of the shop were strewn all around by the accused who later fled the shop. Ward’s councilor Ajay Kumar went to the shop where he came to know about the murder. Police have registered a case of murder against unknown persons based on the statements of the deceased’s son Akhtar.
Councilor Ajay Kumar said that Mohammad Bashir used to rent two shops near Islamia school. He used to sell carriage in one shop. He used to sleep in the shop. He did the same on Monday night when the thieves entered the shop.
Seeing the conditions of the shop, it seems that the shopkeeper must have opposed the thieves. After which the thieves must have tied the elderly Bashir on the cot. When the councilor was walking in the ward on Tuesday morning, he saw that some part of the shutter of the shop was open, but Bashir’s shop was closed. They called out for him, but there was no response. When he lifted the shutter of the shop, he saw that Mohammed Bashir was lying on the cot, bleeding. Upon entering the shop he saw that Bashir’s hands and feet were tied and his head was hit with a sharp weapon, which led to his death. He immediately informed Bashir’s family. The deceased’s sons Akhtar and the girl Shabnam and Zahida said that thieves must have entered the shop to steal and when the father had resisted, he was killed. SP Manjit Singh Brar reached the spot to investigate.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai