The much-awaited trailer of Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s upcoming film Shikara has been released. The film tells the story of around 4,00,000 Kashmiri Pandits who had to flee the Valley in a mass exodus in 1990. The film will be introducing two new faces: Sadia and Aadil Khan.
The trailer starts with a scene showing a young couple, Shanti Dhar and Shiv Kumar Dhar, sitting inside their home when they see a house burning from their window. It then shows how Kashmiri Pandits were forced to leave the Valley. The newcomers look promising in the trailer which shows the condition of the community members when they became refugees in their own country.
Directed by Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Shikara is set to hit screens on February 7. The movie has been largely shot in Kashmir. The film is being promoted as a story of a love that remains unextinguished through 30 years of exile.
Recently, the makers of the film released a motion poster of the film and wrote, “Tees saal baad, humari kahani kahi jayegi… Here is a timeless love story in the worst of times. (sic)”
Witness the tale of Kashmiri Pandits, 30 years after they were forced to leave their land, their homes and their lives behind. #Shikara, trailer out tomorrow.#Shikara #VidhuVinodChopra @arrahman @foxstarhindi pic.twitter.com/4Gp37B8WWO
— Vidhu Vinod Chopra Films (@VVCFilms) January 6, 2020
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai