The development comes in the backdrop of several Congress and NCP ministers in the state cabinet being unhappy with not being consulted over the lockdowns.
In the hour-long meeting, Pawar is learnt to have asked Thackeray to reconsider the ‘2-km rule’ in Mumbai which says people who move out of a 2km radius from their homes will have their vehicles impounded.
The move imposed by Mumbai Police has once again led to an informal shutdown in the financial city, as police have said they will confiscate vehicles of people who are found moving out for tasks other than essential services or for reaching their work place.The move has affected traders, businessmen, shopkeepers and even the common man.
Several retailers and traders had contacted the NCP chief who assured them that he was not in favour of the ‘2 km rule’ and would raise the matter with Thackeray.
The other issue that was discussed was the lockdown imposed by the civic bodies neighbouring Mumbai, like Thane, Navi Mumbai, Kalyan and Dombivli, among others.
The NCP chief is learnt to have said that the state cannot be under a prolonged lockdown and that the lack of economic activity due to the lockdown is hurting the state.
if(geolocation && geolocation != 5 && (typeof skip == 'undefined' || typeof skip.fbevents == 'undefined')) !function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s) if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function()n.callMethod? n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments); if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version='2.0'; n.queue=;t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e); s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)(window, document,'script', 'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js'); fbq('init', '338698809636220'); fbq('track', 'PageView');
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai