Dr. Dilbagh Singh Hans, Deputy Director (Dairy), Ludhiana, has informed that under the leadership of Punjab Animal Husbandry, Dairy Development, Fisheries Minister Mr. Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa and Director, Dairy Development, Punjab Dr. Inderjit Singh, special programmes have been started for diversification in agriculture and uplift the standard of weaker sections/scheduled castes by training them in dairy profession.
He informed that the Dairy Department has started “Scheme of Promotion of Dairy Farming as Livelihood for SC Beneficiaries Farming” under which free dairy training would be given to them. He said that the candidates would be imparted training in artificial insemination, pregnancy diagnosis, diseases in animals, growing green fodder throughout the year, milk handling, etc.
Dr. Hans informed that the candidates would be trained in all aspects of dairy farming, besides, they would also be shown films related to this profession. On the completion of this training course, the candidates would then be awarded certificates as well as scholarship. He said that the candidates who successfully complete this training would be eligible for easy loans from banks so that they start their business. He said that NABARD would also be providing a 33% subsidy for setting up dairy farms.
He urged the youth from scheduled castes to take full advantage of this training program as well as other schemes of the department and set up their own businesses. He said that the selection of candidates during training and later for imparting benefits would be carried out on January 13, 2020, at the District level offices.
He informed that for the selection of candidates from Ludhiana district would be carried in the office of Deputy Director Dairy, 598 L, Model Town, Ludhiana. Dr. Dilbagh Singh Hans informed that the youth belonging to the Scheduled Castes who have passed at least fifth standard, aged between 18-50, should reach the office along with their Aadhaar Card and caste certificate, original certificates regarding their age and eligibility, photocopies of all documents, two passport size photographs by 10 am on January 10, 2020. He informed that the selection process would start at 10 am on January 13, 2020. Further information can be sought from the department’s helpline number 0161-2400223.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai