Salman Khan made the Eid of 5,000 underprivileged families special, as he sent them a special kit, containing the ingredients to make sheer korma.
Salman Khan spread some festive cheer on Eid by sending treats to 5,000 underprivileged families amid the coronavirus pandemic. Each special kit given out by Salman contained the ingredients to make sheer korma, an Eid special delicacy.
Posting pictures of the supplies, Shiv Sena leader Rahul Kanal wrote on Twitter, “Thank you @BeingSalmanKhan bhai for reaching out to 5000 families in your own special way on the occasion of Eid and spreading happiness…Humans like you balance the society,Thank you for the Eid kits distributed to one and all…special way of bhai wishing Eid !!!”
In another tweet, he added, “This kit comprises of everything needed to make Sheer korma for more than 50 people…just a proud feeling to share that Being Haangryy has reached out to 25,000 families with dey ration and 5000 families with Eid kits given out by bhai. Thank you for making me a part of this team.”
Fans showered love on Salman for his sweet gesture. “Man with golden heart,” one fan wrote. “Love u bhaijaan,” another wrote. One Twitter user called him a ‘real hero’. “East or west Salman sir is best love you sir,” another wrote.
Earlier, Salman launched a food truck – Being Haangryy – to ensure that the less-privileged are not faced with starvation. The truck has been moving around the city of Mumbai, providing large bags of ration to the needy.
Salman has also provided financial aid to 25,000 daily wage workers of the film and television industries. He took their account numbers from the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE) and transferred money.
Meanwhile, Salman also had another treat in store for his fans on Eid. He released a new song titled Bhai Bhai, which promoted the message of communal harmony. Sung by the actor himself, the video was shot with minimal crew at his farmhouse in Panvel.
- CM Palaniswami eases curbs in Chennai from July 6, extends restrictions in Madurai
- HC raps Maharashtra for inaction against vendors who sold spurious soyabean seeds to farmers
- Covid-19: 78% households in NCR start going to their workplaces, says survey
- Fed up of waiting, Goans stranded abroad arrange own flights home
- West Bengal’s unemployment rate at 6.5% in June ‘far better’ than that of India: Mamata
- Shravan Mela from July 6 to Aug 3: To stop devotees, admin seals Deoghar district
- WHO team to visit China next week to investigate origins of coronavirus
- 13 pvt labs in Telangana under govt scanner for reporting abnormal Covid-19+ cases
- Delhi BJP reorganisation process begins; 35 teams formed to shortlist names
- ‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
- Nagaland government rejects governor’s proposal on transfer and posting of officials
- Venkaiah Naidu pays tribute to BJP patriarch LK Advani on Guru Purnima
- Strategic affairs experts hail Modi’s visit to Ladakh; say his message to China ‘clear’
- ICMR defends fast tracking Covaxin amid allegations of chasing glory with Independence Day launch
- Working from home? Here are some tips to keep the lockdown pounds off
English13 hours ago
Wife found dead after husband dies in Covid-19 isolation ward in Odisha’s Jagatsinghpur
English14 hours ago
Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 4, what’s in store for Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo and other zodiac signs
English2 hours ago
‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
English12 hours ago
Faces of terror: Why India banned 9 Khalistan-linked terrorists in 5 countries
English22 hours ago
Pakistani foreign minister tests positive for Covid-19
English20 hours ago
Hong Kongers scrub social media history in face of security law
English23 hours ago
June exports data to reflect faster recovery: Piyush Goyal
English11 hours ago
Sukhoi vs Sukhoi: India vs China