Sachin Tendulkar – a name which needs to introduction. A cricketing legend who has fans world over. Someone who played 200 Test matches and scored 100 hundred in his cricketing journey spanning over 24 long years. Often called as the ‘master blaster’ Sachin Tendulkar redefined cricketing as a sport not only in India but in the entire world.
Talking about his initial days, Sachin recently revealed that he had to literally beg and plead to open the innings. This happened back in 1994 in India’s match in Auckland. He said that he thought he could tackle the bowlers in the beginning and so asked for the top position. He added that if he fails, he wouldn’t come over again.
After getting the top slot Sachin’s scores were 82, 63, 40, 63 and 73. Then, after 5 innings Sachin finally scored his maiden hundred against Australia in the top-order. He says usually batsmen used to defend wickets in the beginnings but his strategy was to attack the bowlers in the beginning.
At the end of his career, Sachin Tendulkar had 18,426 runs in 463 matches at an average of 44.83.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai