After the passing of Citizen Amendment Bill, the entire country is protesting against it. In recent days, the Delhi police forcefully entered Jamia Milia Islamia University campus to “chase some outsiders who had indulged in infrastructural harm.”
As per the information, at the university, the police used tear gas and baton-charge to disperse the protestors. They also detained a few protestors who were seen destroying the property. The chief proctor of Jamia Milia Islamia University claimed that Delhi Police forcibly entered the campus without any permission and beat up staff members and students.
The Vice-Chancellor of the university confirmed that their university students got injured in the police crackdown. Post the incident, country-wide students joined hands with the Jamia students and protested against the act nationwide. As the nation stood together, people began trending #ResignAmitShah and shouted slogans of the same. Demanding resignation from the Union Home Minister Amit Shah, Twitterati trends the hashtag.
Students from Mumbai, Patna, Kolkata, Banaras, Hyderabad, and Delhi also joined the protestors. Reports suggest that approximately 40 students of the university are injured. Most parts of India continue to remain on the edge as echoes of dissatisfaction over CAA continue to grow louder. More protests are expected around the country on Monday, but all eyes will be on the national capital where the situation continues to remain extremely tense.
- Under Atma Nirbhar Scheme, free ration to be provided to non smart card scheme beneficiaries
- Agriculture & farmers welfare department Director visits Ludhiana
- India’s farmers told to scare locusts away by beating drums
- Punjab raises fine for spitting, not wearing masks in public to Rs 500
- Punjab Vigilance bureau gives farewell to eight officers on superannuation
- Punjab School Education Board declares class V, VIII and Matriculation results
- Need to scale down domestic flights to contain COVID-19: Health Minister
- Huge opportunity from companies looking to shift from China in COVID aftermath, Capt Amarinder tells Punjab Industry
- State governments issuing job cards to migrants at quarantine camps
- PSPCL relaxes norms for refund of security
- Head constable of RPF succumbs to Covid-19
- TikTok owner ByteDance moves to shift power out of China: Report
- Wards go without water amid scorching heat
- Liquor vend worker beaten to death near Doraha, 4 booked
- Here’s why high-strain exercise may lead to early pregnancy loss in some women