Ludhiana, May 18:
The Punjab Government has advised to the private schools not to impose any increase in school fees in 2020-21 over those charged in 2019-20. A letter has been written to the Management/Principals of all the Private Un-Aided Schools of the State and have been asked to take this decision in view of the lockdown.
Deputy Commissioner Mr Pradeep Kumar Agrawal informed that the schools Management/Principals have been asked that they should allow the option to parents to pay fees on monthly or quarterly basis. School managements are further advised to sympathetically consider the cases of students whose parents livelihoods may have been adversely impacted due to the lockdown, for fee waiver/concession and no child may be denied access to education (online or regular) on non-payment of fee.
It is also directed that School managements should not resort to removal of any teacher or reduction in the monthly salary or total emoluments teaching/non-teaching staff. Schools shall endeavour to impart online/distance learning so that education is not adversely impacted due to the present or future lockdowns imposed due to COVID – 19.
It is also said that the schools shall not charge any fee for the period of lockdown/curfew, excluding the period of summer break. However, those schools who have provided or are providing online education during the period of lockdown, may charge tuition fee only, i.e. fee other than building charges, transportation charges, charges for meals, etc.
Source: District Public Relations Office, Ludhiana.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai