A Chandigarh-based woman was robbed by three ladies on July 22. As per the
information, she was offered lift by the ladies who later conned her and took her gold
chain and other valuable along with them. Kanchan Sharma, the victim, lodged an FIR
at Focal Point police station saying she boarded a bus from Chandigarh to Ludhiana.
On reaching Ludhiana, she was waiting for a ride when three ladies in a car offered her
lift. During the ride, one of the ladies sitting at the back with her said that she is going to
vomit and she threw up in the car. Later on, they dropped her and then she realised her
valuables were missing.
As soon as she understood the situation, she reached the Focal Point police station and
registered an FIR. A case under Section 379-B and 420 of the IPC has been filed. The
investigating officer said footage of CCTV cameras was being checked to get some clue
about the accused.
- From ED to TEDx- a walk-through of stories talking about Being One this Dec 2020!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive