City Police Commissioner Rakesh Kumar Aggarwal has directed the owners of business installations, petrol pump owers, shopping malls, and banquet halls to install CCTV cameras within the next 30 days. He has done this in a bid to curb crimes in the city.
The CP has also directed to ban the entry of heavy commercial vehicles in the areas under the MC from 8 am to 10.30 pm. Using his powers under Section 144 of IPC, Agrawal also banned the sale of uniforms of army and other paramilitary forces without valid identification in all areas of Ludhiana Police Commissionerate with immediate effect.
The police have also banned the use of stickers stating police, army, VIP, on government duty, department name, etc on vehicles.
In order to make the city more crime-free the police have also ordered that no person will be allowed to cover his/her face while driving any vehicle or walking on the road. An exception to this order will be the people who are wearing a mask due to some allergy and under medical supervision.
The order further read, “All these bans would remain in force for next two months time.”
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai