Modi will offer prayers at noon at the makeshift temple where the Ram Lalla deity is currently placed, spending about 10-12 minutes there, as per the details of his itinerary emerging now. The chief priest of the temple, Mahant Satyendra Das, will not be present on the occasion as he is in quarantine, after two other priests tested positive for Covid-19 last week.
The PM will plant a night-blooming jasmine in the Ram Janmabhoomi premises and take a walk till the point where the garbhagriha (sanctum sanctorum) of the temple is to come up. He will conduct the ‘bhoomi pujan’ at the new temple’s site between 12:30 pm and 12:40 pm — an auspicious time as per ‘abhijit muhurat’.
A formal 75-minute-long function will follow with Modi, Bhagwat and UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath addressing the attendees from a stage next to the site. Ram Temple Trust chairman Mahant Nritya Gopal Das and UP governor Anandiben Patel will also be on the stage. Late VHP leader Ashok Singhal’s nephew, Salil Singhal, will be the chief guest. The PM will also release a postal stamp on the temple.
LK Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi have been formally invited but will not make it due to the age factor. “It would have been difficult for people above 90 years of age, like LK Advani and K Parasaran to travel to Ayodhya,” the trust’s general secretary, Champat Rai, said.
- From ED to TEDx- a walk-through of stories talking about Being One this Dec 2020!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive