PM Modi said that as the country gradually unlocks people are showing negligence towards social distancing norms. He urged everyone to observe all the safety precautions with utmost care.
The Prime Minster also expanded the duration of PM Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana till the end of November, thereby benefiting more than 80 crore people who will receive free ration.
The government will spend a total of Rs 1.5 lakh crore on the scheme.
The Prime Minister said that because of timely lockdown India is better placed than many other countries and has saved many lives.
PM Modi expressed gratitude towards farmers and the honest tax payers without whom the government would not have been able to provide help to the poor.
if(geolocation && geolocation != 5 && (typeof skip == 'undefined' || typeof skip.fbevents == 'undefined')) !function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s) if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function()n.callMethod? n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments); if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version='2.0'; n.queue=;t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e); s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)(window, document,'script', 'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js'); fbq('init', '338698809636220'); fbq('track', 'PageView');
- Pakistani foreign minister tests positive for Covid-19
- AP industrial policy to focus on helping weaker sections socio-economically
- Shun over-dependence on imports, certain geographies, deliver affordable products: Piyush Goyal tells industry
- Humane Society International, People for Animals welcome Nagaland dog meat ban
- Irdai examining feasibility of insurers offering surety bonds for road contracts
- India undertakes biggest repatriation exercise globally; half-a-million return home
- June exports data to reflect faster recovery: Piyush Goyal
- Messages claiming Iran nuclear site fire deepen mystery
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Khandu says Indian Army will raise three porter companies in the state
- Tamil Nadu Covid-19 tally crosses 1 lakh mark
- Not in favour of withdrawing case against Italian marines from SC: Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan
- Earthquake of magnitude 4.7 hits Alwar in Rajasthan; tremors felt in north India, Delhi-NCR
- Govt’s locust operation covers 1.33 lakh hectares in North, West India
- Fantasy sports firms expect strong comeback as live sports resumes in empty stadiums
- Germany is first major economy to phase out coal and nuclear
English15 hours ago
Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 3, what’s in store for Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo and other zodiac signs
English22 hours ago
Uncertainty sees companies suspending guidance
English14 hours ago
Eight UP police personnel killed in encounter with criminals in Kanpur
English8 hours ago
‘Not the era for expansionism’: PM Modi’s harsh message to China from Ladakh
English24 hours ago
Congress, NCP upset with Uddhav Thackeray for reimposing lockdown
English10 hours ago
PM Modi on Ladakh front with strong message to protect border from China’s PLA
English15 hours ago
Asadha Purnima: India to go big on Buddha’s first sermon
English23 hours ago
Indian traders on Alibaba seeing more discounts