This was stated by the Indian side at a virtual meeting on counter-terrorism organised by the UN.
“World can not forget that, on this very day, 12 years ago, Indian Embassy in Kabul was attacked by a Pakistan supported terrorist group, in which, we lost many precious Indian and Afghan lives. It is very unfortunate that a country which perpetrated terrorist attacks in Mumbai (2008), Pathankot (2016), Uri and Pulwama is now preaching to the world community,” sources said quoting the Indian delegation.
“Pakistan’s ludicrous statement claiming credit for elimination of Al Qaeda is indeed ironic, considering that the global face of terrorism, Osama Bin Laden, has recently been glorified as a martyr, by none other then the Prime Minister of Pakistan on the floor of their Parliament on 25th June 2020. This is a chilling reminder of the patronage, that the international terrorists receive in Pakistan.”
Pakistan’s Prime Minister had also publicly acknowledged presence of up to 40,000 terrorists in his country and that terrorists from Pakistan have attacked the neighboring countries. Recently, Analytical Support and Sanctions Monitoring Team of the UN Security Council, reported that around 6,500 Pakistani terrorists belonging to LeT and JeM are operating in Afghanistan. Pakistan’s role as epicenter of terrorism has been well documented by numerous international organisations including UN and FATF.
“Unlike Pakistan, India does not make any distinction between terrorists and invariably condemns terror attacks anywhere in the world, including the one in Karachi, referred by the Pakistan’s representative in his statement,” the source said.
“Even as Pakistan provides a shelter and support to terrorist, it continues to peddle false and motivated narrative on the situation in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. It is seeking to portray its military, financial, logistical support to cross border terrorism against India as a freedom struggle. It is also peddling misinformation about India’s domestic legislation and policies.”
if(geolocation && geolocation != 5 && (typeof skip == 'undefined' || typeof skip.fbevents == 'undefined')) !function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s) if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function()n.callMethod? n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments); if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version='2.0'; n.queue=;t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e); s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)(window, document,'script', 'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js'); fbq('init', '338698809636220'); fbq('track', 'PageView');
- From ED to TEDx- a walk-through of stories talking about Being One this Dec 2020!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive