Two months ago, Ludhiana Child Welfare Committee was dissolved and now Punjab and
Haryana High Court has stayed the previous order.
The Bench noted that the Moga Child Welfare Committee had been given the charge at
Ludhiana and added, “It was, rather, intriguing how the Child Welfare Committee located at
Moga, 60 km from Ludhiana, would be able to manage the affairs of Juvenile Centre where
their presence is required 24X7 every day. Committee members shall come from Moga to
Ludhiana and in that event, they would naturally be ignoring the Juvenile Centre at Moga”.
“It is rather intriguing, that given their preoccupation on their respective posts, how would the
ex officio members make themselves available 24X7 for the welfare of the juveniles/children.
Particularly, in the face of one of the charges levelled against earlier committee members
that they were not discharging their functions by making themselves available up to 3:30 pm
- From ED to TEDx- a walk-through of stories talking about Being One this Dec 2020!
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive