Meenu Sharma, a second-year student of the College of Veterinary Sciences, died in a road accident in front of Verka Milk Plant, Ludhiana on Thursday morning. She was a resident of Surrey, Canada. Meenu was going to GADVASU to attend class. She was on her Activa when a speeding bus coming from the front hit her. She died on the spot.
According to eyewitnesses, the car in front of the menu suddenly turned towards South City. This made her Activa uncontrolled. Meanwhile, the driver of the private bus coming from behind sounded a loud horn, the student fell on the road and suffered a severe head injury. She was immediately rushed to Deepak Hospital, where doctors declared her dead after an examination.
Meenu’s father Arvind Sharma has also been a scientist in Veterinary Science and settled with family in Surrey, Canada after retiring.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai