A sum of around Rs 240 crore is estimated to be spent in development of the land at Jewar Bangar. The township would have developed plots, streets, light and water facility, post office, and other civic amenities, as mandated by the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabiliation and Resettlement (RFCTLARR) Act, 2013, the officials said.
“The Notification u/s 19(1) of the RFCTLARR Act, 2013 for acquiring around 48 hectares of land has been issued, paving the way for rehabilitation and resettlement of the families being displaced from the land acquired for the Noida International Airport at Jewar (sic),” Principal Secretary, UP government, S P Goyal tweeted.
About 1,334 hectare land has been acquired from six villages of Rohi, Dayanatpur, Kishorepur, Ranhera, Parohi and Banwari Bans in the region for the construction of the first phase of the project at a cost of Rs 4,588 crore, according to officials.
The project would impact 8,971 families of these villages, while 3,627 families would have to be displaced and rehabilitated, according to project documents.
The Jewar airport, billed to be the biggest in India upon completion, will eventually be spread over 5,000 hectares and is estimated to cost Rs 29,560 crore, the officials said.
The project is being managed and operated by Noida International Airport (NIAL), a special agency floated by the state government, while Swiss firm Zurich Airport International AG has been selected as the developer for the mega project.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai