Serving the needy and people in distress has always remained my priority. Now in the wake of Covid-19 pandemic my responsibility has increased towards the electorate of my constituency, who have reposed faith in the Aam Aadmi Party(AAP). Efforts are on to ensure that no one sleeps on empty stomach in my constituency. Majority of people living in my constituency are farmers.
Lockdown announced all of sudden
Sarvjit Kaur Manuke, MLA, Jagraon, says, “The entire issue relating to return of devotees from Nanded (Maharasthra) was handled badly at all ends. The lockdown was announced all of a sudden on March 21. No one thought of stranded pilgrims. Prime Minister failed to handle this issue, which spread Covid infection among many devotees.
Politics over stranded devotees
The authorities had sufficient resources to send back all such stranded pilgrims in a shortest span back to their home states. When the pressure of families of devotees concerned and society mounted then the game of politics started. Statements were issued raising concerns about devotees.
State govt acted when pressure mounted
Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) was shedding crocodile tears on devotees issue, but failed to act on time. SAD part of the Central Government. The party should have evacuated pilgrims at the earliest, but they too failed. Later, when Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh came under immense pressure, the state government decided to bring back devotees, but without making any proper arrangements.
No arrangements for pilgrims at hospital
No proper arrangements were made for devotees at the local Civil Hospital before their arrival. Food was served to them late in the night. I was surprised to see that washroom meant for women had no door. Women were seen making temporary shield with their clothes near washroom door. Still devotees are not being treated properly.
Ruling party encashing ration distribution
Leaders of the ruling party are using ration distribution amongst the needy as an opportunity eyeing the next elections. The administration is totally ignoring me, an elected representative, and playing in the hands of Congress party leaders.
Law and order deteriorating in state
The killing of Kabaddi player Arvinderjit Singh in Kapurthala by a cop shows the lack of CM’s control over the police and deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai