Serving the needy and people in distress has always remained my priority. Now in the wake of Covid-19 pandemic my responsibility has increased towards the electorate of my constituency, who have reposed faith in the Aam Aadmi Party(AAP). Efforts are on to ensure that no one sleeps on empty stomach in my constituency. Majority of people living in my constituency are farmers.
Lockdown announced all of sudden
Sarvjit Kaur Manuke, MLA, Jagraon, says, “The entire issue relating to return of devotees from Nanded (Maharasthra) was handled badly at all ends. The lockdown was announced all of a sudden on March 21. No one thought of stranded pilgrims. Prime Minister failed to handle this issue, which spread Covid infection among many devotees.
Politics over stranded devotees
The authorities had sufficient resources to send back all such stranded pilgrims in a shortest span back to their home states. When the pressure of families of devotees concerned and society mounted then the game of politics started. Statements were issued raising concerns about devotees.
State govt acted when pressure mounted
Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) was shedding crocodile tears on devotees issue, but failed to act on time. SAD part of the Central Government. The party should have evacuated pilgrims at the earliest, but they too failed. Later, when Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh came under immense pressure, the state government decided to bring back devotees, but without making any proper arrangements.
No arrangements for pilgrims at hospital
No proper arrangements were made for devotees at the local Civil Hospital before their arrival. Food was served to them late in the night. I was surprised to see that washroom meant for women had no door. Women were seen making temporary shield with their clothes near washroom door. Still devotees are not being treated properly.
Ruling party encashing ration distribution
Leaders of the ruling party are using ration distribution amongst the needy as an opportunity eyeing the next elections. The administration is totally ignoring me, an elected representative, and playing in the hands of Congress party leaders.
Law and order deteriorating in state
The killing of Kabaddi player Arvinderjit Singh in Kapurthala by a cop shows the lack of CM’s control over the police and deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
- Tamil Nadu Covid-19 tally crosses 1 lakh mark
- Not in favour of withdrawing case against Italian marines from SC: Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan
- Earthquake of magnitude 4.7 hits Alwar in Rajasthan; tremors felt in north India, Delhi-NCR
- Govt’s locust operation covers 1.33 lakh hectares in North, West India
- Fantasy sports firms expect strong comeback as live sports resumes in empty stadiums
- Germany is first major economy to phase out coal and nuclear
- Sonia Gandhi writes to PM seeking extension of OBC reservation in all-India quota of medical seats
- Sonia writes to PM on denial of reservation to OBCs in state medical colleges
- Earthquake measuring 4.7 on Richter scale hits Delhi-NCR
- UP Congress leaders want Priyanka Gandhi to shift base to Lucknow
- Train hits bus carrying Sikh pilgrims in Pakistan: 20 dead
- PM Modi meets soldiers injured in Galwan Valley clash, says they make 130 cr Indians proud
- Government launches ‘Swachh Survekshan 2021’; states also to be ranked
- At $500 billion, India has world’s fifth-largest foreign exchange reserves
- You gave a befitting reply: PM Modi tells soldiers injured in Galwan clash
English14 hours ago
Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 3, what’s in store for Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo and other zodiac signs
English21 hours ago
Uncertainty sees companies suspending guidance
English12 hours ago
Eight UP police personnel killed in encounter with criminals in Kanpur
English6 hours ago
‘Not the era for expansionism’: PM Modi’s harsh message to China from Ladakh
English24 hours ago
Eastern Ladakh standoff: India expects China to ensure expeditious restoration of peace
English22 hours ago
Congress, NCP upset with Uddhav Thackeray for reimposing lockdown
English23 hours ago
Amit Shah meets CMs of UP, Haryana, Delhi; discusses COVID-19 situation
English23 hours ago
We’re optimistic about a V-shaped recovery in India: Expenditure Secretary TV Somanathan