A fishing boat, carrying 13 fisher folks, capsized around 10 nautical miles from Gorai coast on Tuesday.
Though 11 fisher folks were rescued by another boat, two persons are still missing.
Senior inspector Sanjeev Narkar of Gorai police station said the incident occurred around 2 pm and the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) and Indian Navy authorities have been informed for search and rescue operations of the two missing fishermen.
“A rescue boat has been dispatched for search and rescue operations,” said RK Singh, commandant, ICG.
A fishing boat, Lucky Star, carrying 13 fisher folks from Gorai, went into the sea for fishing last Saturday.
While returning the boat capsized around 10 nautical miles away from the coast on Tuesday afternoon.
Another fishing boat, God King, from Uttan rescued the 11 fisher folks, Narkar said.
“Perhaps, the boat capsized because of the choppy waters. It could be a technical snag as well. We will ascertain the cause after we record the rescued fisher folks’ statement,” Narkar added.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai