The year 2020 has been quite a disaster from beginning to end, what with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and World War III trending on Twitter. It is safe to say that this is not humanity’s best year. And yet, as Max Ehrmann states, “With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world” and to prove that people have persevered and worked hard to come together as one, even in the face of hopelessness.
We have seen the rise of a lot of wholesome trends on the internet during the pandemic, as people attempt to navigate through life during quarantine. One of those trends is that of ‘Dogue’, where people dress up their pets in immaculate outfits, click pictures of them and edit them to make them look like the cover of Vogue magazine.
What started off as a Tiktok trend of people editing their best pictures and turning them into the covers of ‘Vogue’ magazine, has transformed into people using their pets for the Vogue covers instead. The #voguechallenge has blown up on the internet and there is no doubt that some of these ‘Dogue’ overs are better than the originals.
ALSO READ| #ChallengeAccepted: Why the Instagram hashtag went viral, may be ‘self promotional’ and no, it did not originate in Turkey
From the quirky captions relating to the dog’s life, to the characteristic ‘Vogue’ style edgy picturization of the pets, the ‘Dogue’ covers have us all invested in the new world of dog fashion and all the upcoming trends for the Fall 2020 season!
The #doguechallenge is so much in ‘vogue’ that there is a page on Instagram solely dedicated to ‘Dogue’ covers. It was created by two dog-lovers from Poland and much like Vogue’s own Instagram page, the display image is just a plain letter ‘D’ in the Vogue font and the bio stating, “Dog’s beauty bible since 2020.”
Follow more stories on Facebook and Twitter
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai