MHA on Tuesday asked the States to issue directions to refund quarantine charges of seven-days at hotel stay, as the period of institutional quarantine had been reduced from 14 days to seven days.
In a letter to all States, Union Home Secretary said, “It has been brought to the notice of this Ministry that Indian Nationals who were quarantined in hotels after their return from abroad were made to pay advance for 14 days. Since they can now leave for home quarantine after 7 days, the amount paid by them for the remaining 7 days needs to be refunded to them, which some hotels are refusing to refund.”
MHA had issued revised guidelines on May 24 for international passengers arriving on special flights and naval ships as part of the Vande Bharat mission. The May 5 guidelines had said mandatory 14-days quarantine and States were asked to make arrangements.
As per the guidelines, protocol for the mandatory institutional quarantine was revised to 7 days followed by 7-days home quarantine after medical assessment. The charges for the quarantine are to be borne by the passengers.
“You are requested to issue necessary directions to hotels earmarked/used for institutional Quarantine to ensure that foreign returnees who were quarantined in hotels and paid advance of 14 days shall be refunded their balance amount, without any delay”, MHA said in a letter to States.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai