The local bodies department has notified a one-time settlement scheme giving yet another chance to the defaulters who did not clear their long-pending water supply and sewerage dues. Mayor Balkar Sandhu has requested the residents to make use of this scheme and clear their dues.
The policy will remain under implementation for the next 6 months. The civic body has to recover at least 300 crores in outstanding amounts from the defaulters. For the first three months, the residents will be able to avail wavier on interests as well as penalty and after that only penalty will be waived. It is necessary to deposit the entire amount in one go.
Similarly, the penalty will be waived off if the principal amount of arrears and interest is paid after three months from the issuance of this notification but less than 6 months from issuance of notification. The defaulters will have to clear lump sum pending amount otherwise there will be no relief from interest and penalty and also it will invite disconnect of the water and sewerage connections.
The Mayor also said, ” This one-time settlement scheme was much awaited and on Wednesday it was notified. The residents who did not clear their outstanding amount should make use of this scheme to the fullest.”
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai