A 45-year-old man, who allegedly tried to rape his 15-year-old daughter, was strangled to death by his wife, daughter and son at Mahavir Jain Colony here last night.
The deceased has been identified as Raj Kishore, a mason by profession. The police have registered a case against the deceased’s wife Geeta, minor son and daughter.
As per the police, the incident took place last night when Raj Kishore came home in an inebriated state and reportedly attempted to rape his daughter. When his wife intervened, he thrashed her and again tried to physically assault his daughter.
His wife told the cops that enraged over her husband’s act, they strangled him using a piece of wire. She claimed that her husband had tried to rape their daughter earlier as well.
The police said the accused had solemnised second marriage with Geeta, who was a divorcee and had a son and a daughter from the first marriage. The couple together had a daughter and two sons. Their daughter was 15 years old and the accused had been trying to assault her.
The Daresi police are yet to make any arrest in the case. Sources said the woman herself approached the police station and informed them about the crime.
- Fed up of waiting, Goans stranded abroad arrange own flights home
- West Bengal’s unemployment rate at 6.5% in June ‘far better’ than that of India: Mamata
- Shravan Mela from July 6 to Aug 3: To stop devotees, admin seals Deoghar district
- WHO team to visit China next week to investigate origins of coronavirus
- 13 pvt labs in Telangana under govt scanner for reporting abnormal Covid-19+ cases
- Delhi BJP reorganisation process begins; 35 teams formed to shortlist names
- ‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
- Nagaland government rejects governor’s proposal on transfer and posting of officials
- Venkaiah Naidu pays tribute to BJP patriarch LK Advani on Guru Purnima
- Strategic affairs experts hail Modi’s visit to Ladakh; say his message to China ‘clear’
- ICMR defends fast tracking Covaxin amid allegations of chasing glory with Independence Day launch
- Working from home? Here are some tips to keep the lockdown pounds off
- Two-time Olympic champion Lin Dan retires from international badminton
- Asked about missing face mask, BJP leader and son thrash UP cops; arrested
- Docetaxel: Chemotherapy drug likely to be less effective in overweight, obese women with breast cancer
English12 hours ago
Wife found dead after husband dies in Covid-19 isolation ward in Odisha’s Jagatsinghpur
English13 hours ago
Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for July 4, what’s in store for Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo and other zodiac signs
English1 hour ago
‘Malicious, unsubstantiated’: Indian Army on reports of PM Modi’s ‘fake hospital visit’
English11 hours ago
Faces of terror: Why India banned 9 Khalistan-linked terrorists in 5 countries
English21 hours ago
Pakistani foreign minister tests positive for Covid-19
English20 hours ago
Hong Kongers scrub social media history in face of security law
English23 hours ago
Earthquake of magnitude 4.7 hits Alwar in Rajasthan; tremors felt in north India, Delhi-NCR
English22 hours ago
June exports data to reflect faster recovery: Piyush Goyal