Ludhiana district reported seven more coronavirus cases on Friday, officials said.
Only one of Friday’s cases has been entered into Punjab’s official state COVID bulletin on Friday.
Six of the seven new cases were Railway Protection Force personnel. The last one is a 28-year-old woman from Gurpal Nagar who came back from Delhi on May 18.
All of the RPF personnel are posted at Ludhiana. Nine RPF jawans posted at Ludhiana have so far tested positive. This is in addition to 48 other RPF personnel from a Delhi-based battalion who tested positive a few days ago. These however have not been included in the state’s tally.
When added to the state’s tally, this will take Ludhiana’s infection count to 178.
The district has so far reported seven deaths.
- Watch out for fake e-challans, police tell vehicle owners
- Street vendors seek relief
- Two vehicle thieves arrested
- Without big-spending tourists, Europe’s luxury shops struggle to reopen in style post coronavirus lockdown
- Parents miffed at Edu Min for taking U-turn on fee issue
- Employment bureau goes digital
- FICO asks state govt to relax norms
- Nodal complaint centres to ensure 24×7 power supply
- Non-departmental duties: Power engineers to extend agitation
- ‘Badly-timed, serious infestation’: Official on locust attack
- Parents stage protest against private school over tuition fee in Ludhiana
- Freak mishap: Truck driver’s helper crushed under own vehicle
- Three minor girls go missing, abduction suspected
- 9 bootleggers nabbed with 118 bottles of liquor in Ludhiana
- Pharma Park to come up at Fatehgarh Sahib
Agriculture20 hours ago
‘Badly-timed, serious infestation’: Official on locust attack
Ludhiana City News20 hours ago
Parents stage protest against private school over tuition fee in Ludhiana
Ludhiana News8 hours ago
Non-departmental duties: Power engineers to extend agitation
Development7 hours ago
FICO asks state govt to relax norms
Ludhiana News7 hours ago
Nodal complaint centres to ensure 24×7 power supply
Education5 hours ago
Parents miffed at Edu Min for taking U-turn on fee issue
Ludhiana News6 hours ago
Employment bureau goes digital
Ludhiana News4 hours ago
Street vendors seek relief