A meeting regarding sensitising the SHOs, Police Post Incharges, and other officials of Police Commissionerate Ludhiana regarding the Child Line-1098 was organised here today. The Childline 1098 has been started by the Childline India Foundation of Union Women and Child Welfare Department for the betterment of children in the age group of 0-18 years and works 24 hours.
During today’s meeting, Childline Director Mr Kuldeep Singh Mann sensitised the police officials about the working of the Child Line-1098. ADCP (I) Mr Sachin Gupta, ACP Miss Harjot Kaur, Mrs Rashmi Saini, District Child Security Officer, were also present at the meeting.
Mr Kuldeep Singh Mann informed that 1098 is a toll-free helpline service, where any person can or any needy child gives information about an abandoned child. He said that the Childline immediately swung into action and provides relief to that child. He said that children who cannot open up about any problem in front of others can use this helpline. He informed that any homeless, missing, absconding, beggars, etc children can contact at the helpline for help.
ADCP Mr Deepak Pareek asked all the officials to ensure that the childline is intimated whenever an abandoned child or a child in need is found/recovered.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai