The Department of Education has started taking strict action against schools who are going against the directions of Punjab Government and asking for school fees from parents during the period of lockdown. Despite repeated instructions, there have been many reports that the schools are asking for fees from the parents after the results and strict action is been taken against them.
According to the Education minister Vijay Inder Singla, Delhi Public School (DPS) was given a show-cause notice on Sunday for violating government orders and it has been given 7 days period to file their reply for the violation. If they fail to give a satisfactory reply, their affiliation will be cancelled or No-Objection Certificate (NOC).
The school’s principal was not available to provide any comments on the situation. Other schools which were also served notices were La Foundation School in Sangrur; DAV Public School, Bhupindra Road, Patiala; Bhupindra International School, Patiala; and Mount Litera Zee School at Faridkot.
The Education Minister also cautioned other schools not to defy the order of Punjab Government otherwise the premise of the school will be sealed without seeking for the reply. He said that parents from all over the state could directly lodge such type of complaints on his email; [email protected]
The Education Department issued an order on 23rd March in which all the private schools of the state were asked to reschedule the admission process of the year 2020-2021. According to the order, the schools will provide a window of 30 days after the situation in the country gets normal.
- Under Atma Nirbhar Scheme, free ration to be provided to non smart card scheme beneficiaries
- Agriculture & farmers welfare department Director visits Ludhiana
- India’s farmers told to scare locusts away by beating drums
- Punjab raises fine for spitting, not wearing masks in public to Rs 500
- Punjab Vigilance bureau gives farewell to eight officers on superannuation
- Punjab School Education Board declares class V, VIII and Matriculation results
- Need to scale down domestic flights to contain COVID-19: Health Minister
- Huge opportunity from companies looking to shift from China in COVID aftermath, Capt Amarinder tells Punjab Industry
- State governments issuing job cards to migrants at quarantine camps
- PSPCL relaxes norms for refund of security
- Head constable of RPF succumbs to Covid-19
- TikTok owner ByteDance moves to shift power out of China: Report
- Wards go without water amid scorching heat
- Liquor vend worker beaten to death near Doraha, 4 booked
- Here’s why high-strain exercise may lead to early pregnancy loss in some women