Starring Sara Ali Khan, Kartik Aaryan and Randeep Hooda, Love Aaj Kal directed by Imtiaz Ali has hit the theaters this Valentines day.
The 2020 ‘Love Aaj Kal’ is in the same format as the hugely successful directorial in 2009 by the same name. However, the love stories are fresh with a different set of conflicts that vary with time. Ali makes it relevant by showing us the contrast between traditional small town-love that was simple yet difficult versus the contemporary urban love that is complex and messed-up.
From screenplay to songs, Imtiaz Ali has done little to improve on the original movie and done more to actually ruin the Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone starrer. Love Aaj Kal 2020 starts off with two juxtaposed scenes, one with Kartik (Raghu) and newcomer Arushi Sharma (Leena) set in 1990, and the other between Kartik (Veer) and Sara (Zoe), set in 2020.
Check out what Twitter has to say about the film
#LoveAajKal 1st half –
Possitve points –
Randeep Hooda beautiful 90 story
Sara and Randeep acting…
70% same story as Love aaj kal 1
— Rohit Jaiswal (@rohitjswl01) February 14, 2020
Positives: Some portions of the 1990 romance, 1990's #KartikAaryan, 'Shayad' song, Randeep Hooda & the cinematography.
Negatives: Story is not fresh, Screenplay is dull & confusing, Editing is average!
Kartik-Sara will help put nice weekend biz.
— Aavishkar (@aavishhkar) February 14, 2020
This Imtiaz Ali Film is a treat for the soul..
It digs deeper to explain the different nuances of Love.
This is @TheAaryanKartik 's Career best performance.He beautifully switches between Aaj aur Kal…
He and Sara together are gold on screen…
— Bollywood Trade Talks (@Bollywud_Talk) February 14, 2020
— Ayush Sharma (@RksFanboyy) February 14, 2020
— sanchi (@sanchi700) February 14, 2020
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai