Lohri was celebrated with exuberance and fanfare in Govt. College for Girls, Ludhiana. The mood on the campus was upbeat and the students were totally absorbed in the festive spirit of Lohri. The chief guest of the occasion was Principal, Dr Manju Sahni. In the beginning of the function, the speech was delivered by Mrs Gurwinder Kaur from the Dept. of Punjabi highlighting the historical significance and importance of the festival of Lohri, which ushers in the cheerful spring season bidding adieu to the winters. The students sang songs immersed in cultural folklore of Punjab. Mrs Harleen Kaur from the Dept. of Physics welcomed all the guests.
Dr Manju Sahni, Principal congratulated everyone on the occasion and encouraged them to value their cultural heritage. All the students and teachers took part in the celebrations enthusiastically. The program kicked off with Giddha, Traditional Punjabi folklore, Dance and Lohri Poojan. College Youth Club, Students Council and Dept. of Punjabi collectively arranged the whole function. Madam Principal along with other teachers worshipped holy bonfire, groundnuts and sweets were also distributed among the staff and students.
The students had a gala time as they danced around the holy bonfire and offered their prayers for the prosperity of the nation.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai