A youth, who worked at a liquor vend, was allegedly beaten to death last night when he refused to give liquor to some persons at Qaddon village, near Doraha. The deceased has been identified as Shatrughan Pardhan, alias Bablu (28), of Odisha.
Some persons arrived at the liquor vend at 11 pm and demanded liquor. As the vends is closed at 6 pm, the workers were sleeping. They made the workers wake up and demanded liquor. One of them even slapped a worker when he refused to give them liquor. In the meantime, both workers locked the vend from inside and went to sleep.
At 1 am, Bablu woke up and came out to go to toilet. At the same time, the same persons again reached there. They caught hold of Bablu and beat him to death.
A police team, led by Doraha SHO DP Singh, inspected spot. Later, a case of murder was registered against Gagandeep Singh Gogi, Sukhchain Singh and Sandeep Singh, all residents of Shahpur village, and an unidentified person. The SHO said teams were conducting raids to nab the suspects.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai