He also said those who came in contact with Yediyurappa in a couple of programmes in the past week are being traced.
Sudhakar, a medical doctor himself, said Yediyurappa has “very mild cough and his chest is clear.”
“I think eight to ten days,” he told P T I when asked how long the Chief Minister would have to remain in hospital.
Sudhakar said he is also getting himself tested as a few of his office staff had tested positive.
“All those who met the Chief Minister in the last 3-4 days…ideally they should be quarantined till they receive their results/report. Those who came in contact with him in the couple of programmes will have to isolate themselves and subject themselves for testing,” the Minister said.
On the Chief Minister meeting the Governor Vajubhai Vala, along with Home Minister Basavaraj Bommai last Friday, Sudhakar said as a result “They also become primary contacts. Ideally they should also be quarantined and tested.”
Yediyurappa who was hospitalised on Sunday night after testing positive for COVID-19 was “doing well” and is “clinically stable”, the hospital treating him said.
The 77-year old leader is being monitored by a team of doctors at the Manipal hospital here.
“He is doing well, is clinically stable and will be monitored closely by our team,” the hospital said in a statement late last night.
“I have tested positive for coronavirus. Whilst I am fine, I am being hospitalised as a precaution on the recommendation of doctors. I request those who have come in contact with me recently to be observant and exercise self quarantine,” Yediyurappa had said in his tweet.
Yediyurappa was in home quarantine a couple of weeks ago, after some staff members in his home office were found infected with the virus. Subsequently, he tested negative for COVID-19.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai