The Special Task Force of Ludhiana has arrested a drug peddler with 840 gm heroin. The net worth of the seized drug is 4.2 crore. The peddler was running a drug nexus with the instructions of a drug smuggler in Ludhiana Central Jail. The jail inmate was in touch with the accused with the help of a phone.
The STF has also booked a jail inmate in this case and now will take him on a production warrant. The person arrested has been identified as Jatinder Singh. He was arrested near Daba road following a tipoff. The accused was stopped at a checkpoint. The police recovered a weighing machine along with the heroin from his bag.
Jatinder was a small drug peddler and was working for Varinder Thakur of Bhamiya. He is a drug dealer and a dreaded criminal. He has more than 20 criminal cases against him. Both of them had planned to work together when they were together in jail.
An official said that the police has booked Varinder too in the case. STF will bring inmate from jail on production warrant and will also get the mobile recovered for further investigation.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai