With a view of making the journey more comfortable for the tourists and to enhance the profit margin of the hotel owners. Hotel and Restaurant Association of North India has made an agreement with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC). Under which, with effect from 1 February 2020, the IRCTC site will provide hotel booking services for North Indian states. This will boost tourism, hoteliers are expected to increase occupancy rates by 12 percent from this synergy.
Amarveer Singh the Sectary of Hotel and Restaurant Association said, private hotel booking sites were taking 25 to 35 percent commission from the proprietors, due to which the margin was under pressure. Via this scheme, now the hotel owner will pay less commission to the government, and hotel bookings can be availed with rail bookings in North Indian states such as Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand.
As per the figures recorded, on a daily basis, there are approximately one million people who visit the IRCTC site and there are 12000 hotels in Punjab. It is expected that after initiating this agreement, the rate of profit will increase by at least twelve percent.
- Residents blame Ludhiana MC for ignoring fogging
- Mumbai: Two missing after a fishing boat carrying 13 fishermen capsizes
- Theatre doyen Ebrahim Alkazi who trained Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri dies at 94
- Won’t spare any politician or public servant found complicit in hooch tragedy: Punjab CM
- Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe in Sushant case, sets up a new row
- Covid-19: Indigenous Australian group blocks Uluru access route over pandemic fears
- Covid-19 will disappear with blessings of Lord Ram, says Shiv Sena ahead of ‘bhoomi pujan’ ceremony
- Kolkata airport operations will be suspended for 7 days in August due to Bengal lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown study reports surge in health anxieties
- HC adjourns virtual hearings after heavy rainfall in Mumbai, hearings postponed to Wednesday
- Congress again reaches out to rebel Rajasthan MLAs, lists its only condition
- Kareena Kapoor, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Tara Sutaria dress to impress for Rakhi 2020
- Early indicators of economic activity in July show improvement over June: Nomura
- Tripura CM in home quarantine after two family members test Covid positive
- Aam Aadmi Party to restructure Delhi unit with an eye on municipal polls: Gopal Rai